Matt Sanders - Group Partner*
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand, 2004
- Acting for The International Mutual Fund PCC Limited in relation to the establishment of the Mansion Student Accommodation Fund (GBP) cell and in relation to the acquisition of various student accommodation properties in the UK by that cell.
- Acting for Japan Leisure Hotels Limited, an AIM-listed closed-ended investment fund on the disposal of its investment portfolio and subsequent winding-up.
- Acting for the sellers of shares in a Guernsey closed-ended investment fund in relation to the takeover and de-registration of that fund.
*Note: use of an asterisk against a lawyer's name means that this lawyer is qualified in a jurisdiction other than Guernsey and is not a Guernsey Advocate.
More About Matt Sanders
Matt advises a range of clients on corporate and commercial matters, including investment fund establishment and regulation, financing transactions, corporate acquisitions and disposals, and commercial regulation.
Prior to coming to Guernsey in 2007, he practised tax law in New Zealand at Russell McVeagh, one of New Zealand’s largest commercial firms. On coming to Guernsey he joined the Business and Trust Law Group at Ogier before joining AO Hall in February 2009.
- LLB, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 2003
- Bachelor of Commerce and Administration, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 2003
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand, 2004
- Group Partner, AO Hall, 2013
- AO Hall, 2009
- Ogier, Guernsey, 2007-2009
- Russell McVeagh, New Zealand, 2004-2007