Sam Shires - Group Partner*
- Solicitor in England and Wales, 2009
- LLM, University of Cambridge, 2001
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand, 1998
- LLB (Hons) Bachelor of Commerce and Administration, Victoria University of Wellington, 1997
- Providing independent advice to the board of directors of Aurigny Air Services Limited on its potential takeover
- Acting for Matalan Retail Limited in respect of the Guernsey law aspects of its £250m senior facilities refinancing and associated £225m US Rule 144A/Reg S senior note offering
- Advising on the establishment of Guernsey funds including listed funds - Official List, AIM and CISX
- Advising on the conversion of a PCC umbrella fund vehicle into a single non-cellular fund - a pioneering transaction under Guernsey's new Companies Law
- Acting for the Corazon Group on its sale to Collins Stewart
*Note: use of an asterisk against a lawyer's name means that this lawyer is qualified in a jurisdiction other than Guernsey and is not a Guernsey Advocate.
More About Sam Shires
Sam advises a wide range of clients on all aspects of corporate law, including investment funds. His investment fund experience includes advising promoters, managers, administrators and custodians in relation to the setting-up, operation, regulation and management of open and closed-ended investment funds.
His general corporate law experience includes corporate transaction work and financing transaction work.
LLB (Hons), Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 1998
Bachelor of Commerce and Administration - Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 1996
Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand, 1998
AO Hall, 2007
Carey Olsen, Guernsey, 2004 - 2007
Russell McVeagh, New Zealand, 1998 - 2004
Recognised and endorsed by the IFLR1000 Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms in both its Guernsey Financial and Guernsey Investment Funds Sections, 2012
"Sam Shires is widely praised and "AO Hall's Sam Shires - is praised by peers" - Legal 500, 2012
"Extremely responsive, thoughtful and considered" - Sam Shires "is very calm, dissects the client's position quickly and understands the industry jargon" - Chambers UK 2012
"Sam Shires wins glowing client feedback" - Chambers Europe, 2012
Recognised and endorsed by PLC "Which Lawyer?" in its Guernsey - Investment Funds section, 2011
Acting for the Corazon Group on its sale to Collins Stewart.